As a new mom, I love when other bloggers share favorites posts about what they love for their babies. I think they are so helpful and were my go-to resources when preparing for my own first baby! They definitely helped me to know what to register for or purchase when I had no clue where to even start. While all babies are different, hopefully some of these things can be helpful for you whether you are a new mom yourself or have a close friend or family member having a baby soon. Here are just a few of our favorite things that we have used daily in the first two months with Liam...
1. B A B Y S O C K S A S M I T T E N S ... We quickly found that mittens are a must with a newborn. Their nails are SO sharp and even though they may look silly, it saves them from scratching the crap out of their face which Liam has done at time or two when we thought to ourselves, "Oh, we can leave them off for just a bit." Yeah riiiight. We tried multiple brands of mittens and he would manage to pull every single one of them off so we found that just a standard cotton pair of baby socks worked the best. We could always keep them on him for more than 5 seconds and they double as regular old socks as well. Two for one! We really liked the kind that fold down like the ones pictured above because they were longer so even if he managed to work them part way off, he wouldn't get them all of the way.
2. C A R T E R ' S L O N G S L E E V E M I T T E N O N E S I E S ... Even after discovering the sock trick, we found onesies with mittens attached to be lifesavers! Carter's are our favorite brand because they seem the softest and wash really well. They are easy to get on and off and only have a couple of snaps for a quick diaper change. Onesies in general are just great.
3. S N U G A B U N N Y R O C K N' P L A Y ... We use this for Liam's bassinet and he LOVES it. It keeps your baby upright while they are sleeping in case they are a spitter-upper like Liam. haha I've never had to worry about him somehow managing to work himself in a dangerous sleeping position that he can't get himself out of either because it doesn't allow for much movement. You can also manually rock it if your baby loves that kind of motion like Liam does. Plus a baby with bunny ears is a total bonus in my book! ;)
4. P U J T U B ... I chose this bath tub on a whim based on only a few reviews and not a whole ton of research. It was kind of one of those last minute purchases for me. When it came in the mail I was surprised by the material. It is basically a soft foam that folds up with magnets and fits in most bathroom sinks. The quality didn't seem great to me at first until I actually got a chance to try it when we brought Liam home. We have honestly really loved it. It folds up or hangs nicely for storage, drys quickly, and fits in our bathroom sink perfectly. It is comfortable and soft for a first bath and comes in fun colors!
5. C L O T H D I A P E R S A S B U R P C L O T H S ... These Gerber cloth diapers are THE perfect burp cloth. They are large and cover more surface area then a lot of cutesy burp cloths out there and are thick for holding a lot of baby spit up. Best idea ever!
6. B O O N L A W N D R Y I N G R A C K ... This is not only great for letting bottles air dry on but even better for pump parts if you happen to be nursing.
Hope sharing a few of our favorites was helpful!